General Information for Shorthorn Breeders:
- Shorthorn exhibitors should be able to get into the barn on Thursday, January 7th. The time of move in will depend on how quickly they can clean the trash out from the breed before.
- The ASA would like for breeders to be in the barns by Friday, January 8th in the evening. Cattlemen’s Congress has not put this time out, but we are hoping for this.
- We have decided to change our check-in time to earlier as you can get in earlier. Check-in will be Saturday, January 9th from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (noon). There will be no check-in after this time!
- We do not plan to weigh animals at check-in. We are hopefully, planning to weigh only Open Cattle one their way to the show ring as we are supposed to have scales for that.
- Tentative Show Schedule (will continue to be tentative up until the last minute, please note some times have changed from what was posted)
- Sunday, January 10th at 8 am Shorthorn Pen Show in the Performance Arena.
- Sunday, January 10th at 3 pm, Deck the Stalls junior fundraiser
- Monday, January 11th at 8 am Junior Purebred, Junior ShorthornPlus followed by Open ShorthornPlus Females then Open ShorthornPlus Bulls.
- Monday January 11th at 5 pm The Summit National Shorthorn Sale
- Tuesday, January 12th at 8 am Open Purebred Bulls followed by Open Purebred Females.
Hotels for Shorthorn National Show in Oklahoma City
Headquarters: Best Western Plus Saddleback Inn :: 4300 SW 3rd St. :: Oklahoma City, OK 73108 :: 405.947.7000 :: American Shorthorn Association Exhibitor :: Rate: $74.99 King, $79.99 Double
Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport :: 801 S Meridian :: Oklahoma City, OK 73108 :: 405.942.1400 :: American Shorthorn Association :: Rate: $87.00 King or Queens :: Booking Link