Today in the office, we decided we would put together a potluck lunch. The interns selected a recipe from the 2021 junior nationals Beef Cook-Off Contest, and everyone else brought a side dish/dessert to enjoy along with it!
The recipe that we selected from the cook-off was actually the champion recipe. It was presented by the state of Indiana and is called Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas; the recipe is provided below! As for everyone else in the office, they opted to bring a side dish of their choosing. Wade made for us a Sassy Salsa and cheese dip. Shelby made us some Frito Corn Salad, Heather made some Spanish Rice, Montie “made” us some Waldorf Salad, and Cassie brought a homemade S’mores Cheesecake for a dessert!
Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas
- 2 Medium Tortillas
- ½ lb shaved Ribeye
- ½ chopped onion
- ½ diced red pepper
- ½ diced green pepper
- 6 oz. diced mushrooms
- 1 T light olive oil
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ t sea salt
- 2 t mayonnaise
- Cook shaved ribeye with 2 t oil, salt + pepper, in a skillet. Once fully cooked, remove from skillet.
- Sautee onion, peppers + mushrooms in the same skillet until tender. Adding 1 t of oil if needed
- Add Ribeye + Garlic into skillet.
- Spread mayo on tortillas
- Add filling to ½ of each tortilla, top filling with provolone + fold the tortilla
- Place tortilla in a skillet with oil over medium heat. Sautee until the cheese is melted + outside is golden + crisp, flip once.
- Slice, serve & enjoy!
It was a great day for those of us here at the ASA office to spend some time together and enjoy good food and good conversation. We loved these Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas, and we are excited to see what everyone comes up with for next years Beef Cook-Off Contest with the new cut of meat!